It's meant to be 37 degrees tomorrow in Sendai
37! Fortunately I can stay inside in the AC for most of the day... Stay safe out there!
Here are this week's links:
- Pretty bad situation for some in Japan. Poverty in Japan: Underclass struggles to achieve upward mobility.
- I have seen some of these in me. Others, not so much: when I'm sixty-four.
- How are your finances doing? Two minute checkup.
- It's good to keep working, but better if it is a choice: 82% of Japanese in early 60s not ready to retire.
- This is one way to invest: If You Want to Build the Foundation for a Successful Retirement, Read This.
- Owning a small business is one of the best ways to get rich: a millionaire interview.
- A model portfolio from Monevator: The Slow and Steady passive portfolio update: Q2 2018.
- This made me feel better: there is no right decision.
- Which is more valuable, money or time? The most important asset.
- A long, really interesting read: sheep logic.
- Cheap cheese? Japan, EU sign massive trade deal to eliminate nearly all tariffs.
- Unless they start taking steps to integrate them, this is not going to end well: Japan is finally starting to admit more foreign workers.
- I think I am this kind of optimist: Mindsets: Optimism vs. Complacency vs. Pessimism.
- This is really close to my own thinking: Living frugally and loving it.
- More FATCA fun for Americans: FATCA Regulations Mean Non-Resident Americans Can’t Invest In U.S. Mutual Funds.
- This is pretty good. I've never done the whole process, but I usually get about halfway through for a presentation: How to Memorize a Speech.
- We all need one of these in our head: I Stop Celebrities From Blowing Their Money.
- This doesn't strike me as actionable information: Currency War Erupts, Threatening to Ripple Across Global Markets.
- Weekend reading from Monevator: One more year, justified.
- I'm going to be working on this: Want To Become Extremely Successful? Do These 13 Things Every Day.
- Big questions about AI: How the Enlightenment Ends.
What do you think? Anything good in there? I like #14 and #20.