Just the links, ma'am
Apologies. Had a pretty heavy week and completely forgot to write the Monday Read yesterday. Here is a very bare-bones version with just the links. Will try to do better next time!
What do you think? Anything good in there? #1 and #2 hit me the hardest I think. Also discovered that the UK government has changed the rules on expats paying into pensions so will do a post on that soon...
And here are some books I finished/bought/started reading:
- The Martial Apprentice (autobiography by Roy Dean, a jiu-jitsu instructor I like). The first 80% of this was good, and the last bit was a bit weird. Also started:
- Becoming the Black Belt by the same author. This is much better so far :)
- How to Be Your Own Bodyguard (self-defence, etc.). This was fairly sensible and practical with some interesting anecdotes sprinkled in, but maybe a bit too paranoid for me to implement fully, especially in Japan.
- The Consuming Fire (second book in John Scalzi's collapsing empire series). Enjoyed the first one so this should be good. Scalzi writes fairly light, very readable science fiction.
- Ego is the Enemy (Ryan Holiday's new one). I like Holiday's books, mainly about productivity, creativity, and doing good work. Think I might need his advice!