While the world burns
Hope everyone is keeping cool out there. Seems like we're going to have to get better at dealing with extreme heat going forward -wherever we are in the world.
Here are this week's links:
- Economist draws picture of Japan's stealthy wealthy.
- Yes, retirement will happen.
- Mean reversion and the placebo effect.
- Willing losers.
- A pretty sensible money interview.
- The decade we almost stopped climate change.
- Will crypto crash (again)?
- Japan's labor crunch is reshaping how companies attract workers.
- Tell me who you spend time with and I will tell you who you are.
- Level 11, baby. The spectrum of financial dependence and independence.
- Tokyo medical school alters test scores to keep women out.
- Not so predictable.
- On Facebook's Unique Weakness
- There is a Secret Formula to FI, But It Ain’t No Secret!
- Treat failure like a scientist.
- Some good advice here: what's your life strategy?
- We're at level 2 right now, not sure we'll get to level 3: the three levels of wealth.
What do you think? Anything good in there? I found #6 pretty depressing and #11 outrageous.